YOUR PRINCESS MOMENT CONTEST
OFFICIAL RULES ("Rules")
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
- SPONSOR: Disney Online, 500 S. Buena Vista Street, Burbank, California 91521, is solely responsible for all aspects of this skill-based contest ("Contest").
- BRIEF OVERVIEW OF CONTEST: This Contest is being conducted in two separate Contests, one (1) Grand Contest for one (1) Grand Prize to be entered during the period commencing at 5:00 P.M., August 23, and ending at 4:59 P.M., September 12, 2011 ("Grand Entry Period") and one Secondary Contest for eleven (11) prizes to be entered during the period commencing at 5:00 P.M., September 12, and ending at 4:59 P.M. October 4, 2011 ("Secondary Entry Period") for you as a contestant ("Contestant") to compete to win one of the prizes by creating and submitting at Disney.com/PrincessMoment ("Website") your user-generated video of an original performance that may include music, graphics and other material provided as digital files downloaded from the Website ("Show Material"), all pursuant to instructions posted on the Website, along with accompanying identification and descriptive information (collectively a "Submission"). Sponsor's appointed panel of judges comprised of the Website producers and/or others ("Judges") will score the eligible Submissions based on the following equally weighted criteria ("Criteria"): Entertainment Value, Creativity, Personality and Style. On September 19, 2011 ("Grand Award Day"), the Judges will complete judging all eligible Grand Contest Submissions based on the Criteria. The one (1) eligible Submission receiving the highest score will be selected as the potential Grand Prize winner. On October 12, 2011 ("Secondary Award Day"), the Judges will complete judging all eligible Secondary Contest Submissions based on the Criteria and all eligible Submissions for the Grand Contest will be rolled over as eligible Submissions for the Secondary Contest. The one (1) eligible Submission receiving the highest score will be selected as the potential First Prize winner and the following ten (10) highest scoring eligible Submissions, as the potential Second Prize winners. For purposes of these Rules, all times and days are Pacific Time. Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest; and the awarding of any prizes is subject to the eligibility and forfeiture provisions set forth below.
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible for this Contest, at the time of entering you must be:  a child not older than twelve (12) ("Child") or a parent/legal guardian of a Child ("Parent"), entering for the benefit of the Child;  a legal resident of, and physically residing in one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia ("Territory");  a registered member of Disney.com (individually, "Member");  not an employee of the Sponsor; its parent, affiliate, subsidiary company or its advertising or promotion agency involved in this Contest (collectively, "Entities"), nor a member of the household or immediate family of such employee and  possessor of an upload account ("Upload Account") on the Website. All eligible Contestants must also be legal residents of, and physically residing in, the Territory and be between the ages of eight (8) and fourteen (14). Instructions on how to register and obtain an Upload Account are described below in Paragraphs 4 and 6. Registering and creating an Upload Account are both free of charge. Void where prohibited by law.
- HOW TO CREATE A CONTEST SUBMISSION: Sponsor will post instructions ("Instructions") on the Website for you to follow in the creation of your Submission. The specifications for the Submission, including its maximum duration and file-size, will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any Submission that fails to meet Sponsor's specifications may be disqualified. All Submissions must be received during either the Grand Entry Period or Secondary Entry Period. There is a limit of twenty (20) Submissions per Member for both Contests combined, however, each Submission must be unique and any duplicate or materially similar Submissions may be disqualified. If you attempt or are suspected of attempting (in the sole discretion of Sponsor) to circumvent this limitation by any means, including but not limited to establishing multiple email accounts, you may be disqualified from the Contest. In the event that the same Submission is received from more than one (1) Contestant, only the first Submission received will be accepted. Any Submission received after the Secondary Entry Period will be disqualified. Proof of submitting a Submission does not constitute proof of receipt or entry into the Contest.
- HOW TO SUBMIT A SUBMISSION AND CREATE AN UPLOAD ACCOUNT: Once you have created your Submission, you will be instructed on the Website how to create an Upload Account in order to submit your Submission. You must log into your Disney account with your Member Name and Password. If you are 13 or older, you will be asked to agree to create an Upload Account if you haven't done so already. In doing so, you will also be agreeing to the TOU, to these Rules, and, if there are people besides you appearing in the Submission, you will be agreeing that you have obtained the permission of each person appearing in the Submission and that any such person agrees to appear in the Submission. Furthermore, you grant Sponsor permission to email your email address regarding the possible use in any media of any Submission submitted by you. Thereafter, an email will be sent to you which will contain a link that you must click in order to validate your Address and create the Upload Account. If these steps are not taken, an Upload Account will not be created and the Submission cannot be entered into the Contest.
If you are younger than 13, you will also be asked to agree to create an Upload Account if you haven't done so already. In doing so, you will also be agreeing to the TOU, to these Rules, and, if there are people besides you appearing in the Submission, you will be agreeing that you have obtained the permission of each person appearing in the Submission and that any such person agrees to appear in the Submission. An email will then be sent to your Parent's Address, which will instruct your Parent to click the link in the email in order to create an Upload Account for you and to validate your Parent's Address. In doing so, your Parent also agrees to the TOU and these Rules on behalf of himself/herself and on your behalf, and grants Sponsor permission to email your Parent's email address regarding the possible use in any media of any Submission submitted by you. If your Parent does not take these steps, an Upload Account will not be created for you and your Submission cannot be entered into the Contest.
- CONTEST ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: All Submissions must meet the following requirements and specifications to be eligible:
- The Submission must be authorized. This means that you must have the legal right and any and all permissions necessary to submit the Submission into the Contest from all persons appearing in the Submission. By submitting the Submission, you hereby represent that you have all rights necessary to distribute the Submission through the Website and to grant to Sponsor the rights set forth below.
- With the exception of any Show Material, the Submission must be your original work, and, must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
- The Submission, with the exception of any Show Material, must not contain any music.
- The Submission must meet all specifications set forth by Sponsor on the Website, including format, maximum duration and file-size, and those described in the Instructions.
- The Submission must not, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, contain any sexually explicit, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, obscene or other inappropriate content.
- The Submission must not violate these Rules or any of the TOU.
- With the exception of any Show Material incorporated in the Submission in accordance with the Instructions, you represent and warrant that: (i) you are the sole and exclusive creator and owner of the Submission, and all rights thereto; (ii) you have the full and exclusive right, power and authority to submit the Submission to Sponsor upon the terms and conditions set forth herein; (iii) no part of the Submission has been published; (iv) no rights in the Submission have previously been granted to any person, firm, corporation or other entity or otherwise exercised or exploited; (v) the full use of the Submission or any part thereof will not in any way violate or infringe upon any copyright (statutory or otherwise), constitute a libel or defamation of or an invasion of the rights of privacy or publicity of, or otherwise violate or infringe upon any other personal, property or other rights of any person, firm, corporation or other entity or subject Sponsor to any costs or liability of any kind or nature whatsoever.
- CONTEST SCHEDULE: The applicable dates, times and deadlines for the Content are as follows:
- 8/23 (5:00 PM) — 9/12 (4:59 PM): Grand Entry Period
- 9/19: Grand Award Day
- 9/12 (5:00 PM) — 10/4 (4:59 PM): Secondary Entry Period
- 10/12: Secondary Award Day
- 10/20: All Winners Announced
The dates and times set forth above are subject to change in Sponsor's sole discretion. In the event of any change, notice of the revised date or time will be posted on the Website.
- WINNER SELECTION PROCESS: On the Grand Award Day, based on the Criteria, the Judges will complete scoring all eligible Submissions for the Grand Contest. The one (1) highest scoring Submission will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner. On the Secondary Award Day, based on the Criteria, the Judges will complete scoring all eligible Submissionsfor the Secondary Contest. The one (1) highest scoring Submission will be deemed potential First Prize winner. The next ten (10) highest scoring Submissions will be deemed potential Second Prize winners. Potential winners are subject to verification of the submitting Participants' eligibility and compliance with these Rules and TOU. In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken by the Judges based on the entertainment value of the Submission. The decision of the Judges shall be final and binding.
- SPONSOR'S RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify and remove any Submission at any time for any reason, including but not limited to, Sponsor's belief that the Submission potentially or actually infringes upon the copyrights, or other rights of any third party, or otherwise does not comply with the TOU or these Rules. In the event that a Winner is disqualified, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate Winner selected from among the remaining eligible Submissions.
- PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize: a four (4) day / three (3) night trip for Winner and three (3) guests (individually, "Guest") (collectively, "Group") to London, England ("City") at a Sponsor-selected time to attend Rapunzel's royal celebration into the Disney Princess family at Kensington Palace ("Celebration"), October 2, 2011, consisting of the following elements for the Group ("Trip"):  Sponsor-selected hotel accommodations for three (3) nights (one standard room/quad occupancy, including room tax);  admission into Celebration ceremony and all festivities;  ground transportation for Celebration-related activities;  round-trip coach air transportation on a Sponsor-selected carrier between a Sponsor-selected major metropolitan airport near Winner's residence ("airport of origin") and a Sponsor-selected major airport in or near the City and  airport/hotel transfers. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the Winner's responsibility, including but not limited to: round trip transportation between the Winner's residence and any airport of origin, alcoholic beverages, fax, food, gratuities and tips, insurance, laundry service, merchandise, parking, room service, service charges, souvenirs and telephone calls. Airline carrier and hotel regulations and conditions apply. Travel and lodging are subject to availability, certain restrictions and Sponsor's selection of travel dates. The Group must travel together on the same itinerary; and a minor (as defined by state of primary residence, "Minor") may not participate in the Trip unless accompanied by his/her Parent as a member of the Group. As a condition of eligibility, all Guests will be required to execute and return a Release of Liability prior to ticketing. The Winner and all Guests are solely responsible for obtaining any and all necessary travel documents (valid U.S. Passport, photo I.D., etc.) before departure. Approximate retail value ("ARV"): $10,000, which will vary depending upon points of departure and destination and seasonal fluctuation of hotel rates and airfares. If the actual value of the prize is less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded. One (1) First Prize: consists of one of each of the following elements:  3D HD television set and  Disney Princess Collection DVD/Blu-Ray/Digital combo pack (ARV: $1,500). Ten (10) Second Prizes: each consists of one (1) Disney Princess Ultimate Dream Castle by Mattel (ARV: $170).
Total ARV of all prizes: $13,200. Limit one (1) prize per person/family/household. Any depiction of prizes is for illustrative purposes only. Prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable, except to a surviving spouse residing in the same household. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor's sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted for any reason. In the event that a prize component is not available for any reason, the remaining elements of the prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor's prize obligation to Winner and no additional compensation will be awarded. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. A prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Prize elements may not be separated. All prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received.
- WINNERS: All federal, state and local taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of each Winner. Each Grand and First Prize Winner will be issued an IRS 1099 form for the value of his/her prize. All prize awards are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Rules and the TOU. Since all Winners will be Minors, each prize will be awarded for the benefit of the Minor to his/her Parent, who will be solely responsible on behalf of the Minor for all applicable documentation and taxes.
The potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified by email to his/her Address on or about September 19, 2011. All potential First and Second Prize Winners will be notified by email to their Addresses on or about October 12, 2011. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification and the selection of an alternate Winner may result from any of the following, without limitation:  potential Winner's failure to respond positively to notification within forty-eight (48) hours after its transmission;  the return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts;  the return of any First or Second Prize as undeliverable;  potential Winner's failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity, residency and clearances;  potential Grand Prize Winner's failure to execute and return by U.S. Mail or overnight delivery service all Sponsor-requested documents (collectively, "Affidavits") within forty-eight (48) hours after transmission;  potential First or Second Prize Winner's failure to execute and return by U.S. Mail or overnight delivery service all Affidavits within three (3) days after transmission;  potential First or Second Prize Winner's failure to claim any prize within ten (10) days after it is sent;  potential Grand Prize Winner's failure to be available to make the Trip on Sponsor's schedule and  any other non-compliance with these Rules or TOU. Sponsor may require signed Affidavits to be notarized at its sole discretion. In the event of a disqualification or prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, select or not select, an alternate Winner and award or not award the forfeited prize. All First and Second Prizes for qualified winners will be delivered within twelve (12) weeks after the date of the selection.
- GENERAL RULES:
- Disputes Over Winner's Identity: In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Winner based on the Address, the winning Submission will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the Address. For purposes of these Rules, "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an Address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning Addresses for the domain associated with the submitted Address.
- Site Marks: By participating in the Contest, you acknowledge and agree that the Website contains proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. Except as expressly authorized by Sponsor in writing, you agree not to reproduce, exploit, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Website, including its interface, in whole or in part and other logos and product and service names that are trademarks of the respective owners (the "Website Marks"). Unless you have written permission, you hereby agree not to display or use in any manner the Website Marks. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you shall have the right to include Website Marks in Submissions created and submitted in accordance with the terms of the Instructions and these Rules solely in connection with your participation in this Contest.
- Name and Likeness: By participating in the Contest and accepting any award, you grant to Sponsor and its advertising and promotion agencies, a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable (in whole or part) worldwide:  right to use the names, likenesses, voices and biographical information, of all persons appearing in the Submissions, and the Submissions and any other material submitted in connection with the Contest, and  license under all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, privacy and publicity rights and other intellectual property rights you own or control to use, reproduce, transmit, display, exhibit, distribute, index, comment on, modify (including removing lyrics and music from any Submission or substituting the lyrics and music in any Submission with music and lyrics selected by us), create derivative works based upon, perform and otherwise exploit such Submission, in whole or in part, unless prohibited by law. All rights granted to Sponsor in this paragraph shall be in all media formats and channels now known or hereafter devised (including on Sponsor's Websites, on third party websites, on Sponsor's broadcast and cable networks and stations, on Sponsor's broadband and wireless platforms, products and services, on physical media, and in theatrical release) for any and all purposes including entertainment, news, advertising, promotional, marketing, publicity, trade or commercial purposes, all without further notice to you, with or without attribution, and without the requirement of any permission from or payment to you or to any other person or entity.
- Not Responsible for Errors or Submissions not Received: Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or the announcement or distribution of the prizes, or for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete or illegal Submissions.
- No Confidential or Fiduciary Relationship: You understand and agree that no confidential or fiduciary relationship is established by your submitting the Submission hereunder and nothing in these Rules or as a result of your submitting the Submission shall be deemed to place Sponsor in any different position from anyone else to whom you have not submitted the Submission.
- Comments: you agree that Sponsor, and its third-party vendors engaged to implement this Contest are authorized to display on the Website in connection with the Contest and thereafter the Submissions and any public ratings, votes and comments.
- RELEASE, WARRANTY, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION: You expressly understand and agree that:
- You hereby release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parents, divisions and subsidiaries, and their respective agents, affiliates, employees, officers, directors, shareholders, representatives and independent contractors (the "Released Parties") from any and all claims, demands, losses and liabilities arising out of your participation in the Contest and/or the use or acceptance of any prize won.
- YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THIS CONTEST IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. THE RELEASED PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, liabilities (including, but not limited to, attorneys' and experts' fees, costs and disbursements), demands and actions of every kind and nature, whether or not now known or suspected (collectively, "Claims"), arising out of or in connection with (i) your participation in the Contest; (ii) any Submission submitted by you (including, but not limited to, any and all claims of third parties, whether or not groundless, based on the Submission of such material); (iii) any posting by you on Sponsor's Website; (iv) the use by Released Parties of any of the rights granted by you in connection with the Contest; and (ii) any breach by you of any warranty, agreement or representation contained in these Rules or TOU or in any documentation submitted by you.
- Sponsor is not responsible for any electronic transmission errors resulting in any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmissions, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of any entries/photographs submitted, or for any technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunction or limitations of any kind, or any inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet. If for any reason the Internet portion of the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, an insufficient number of Submissions, or any other causes beyond Sponsor's control which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, extend and/or suspend the Contest and/or to award any prizes based on alternate means including, without limitation, based on Submissions received prior to termination.
- SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION TO DISQUALIFY YOU IF YOU TAMPER OR ARE SUSPECTED OF TAMPERING WITH THE SUBMISSION AND/OR VOTING PROCESS. ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OWNED OR OPERATED BY SPONSOR, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER RELIEF FROM YOU TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW. IF SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION BELIEVES THAT ANY SUCH CONDUCT HAS OCCURRED, THEN SPONSOR MAY TAKE SUCH REMEDIAL MEASURES AS SPONSOR DEEMS APPROPRIATE IN KEEPING WITH THE FAIRNESS AND INTEGRITY OF THE CONTEST.
- GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions of your rights and obligations in connection with this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of California, in the city of Los Angeles. Any legal controversy or legal claim arising out of or relating to these Rules or this Contest, shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the terms set forth in the TOU at http://disney.go.com/corporate/privacy/terms.html.
- WINNERS' LIST: For a copy of the Rules and/or a Winners' list, send a separate, stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Your Princess Moment Winners, P.O. Box 2278, Los Angeles, CA 90078. Requests must be received no later than April 20, 2012.